Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dr. Macro's Movie Scans Site

Above is a photo of Jimmy Stewart and Lew Ayres on skates. I don't know what movie it's from, but I'm guessing it was MGM's THE ICE FOLLIES OF 1939. I know that Stewart was a contract player and, as such, had to do roles that the studio told him to do. I did not know that that included skating with Dr. Kildare.

The image is from Dr. Macro's Scans, which has high quality old movie scans. And some more fun stuff, if you like old movies. And there are some films there to watch, film noir posters, etc. A real fun time-waster site, lovingly put together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dr. Macro's site is one of my favorites.
Fantastic movie scans from early Hollywood, along with priceless clips and vintage movies and shorts. I love it!
And Doc's a great guy to boot!
Highly recommended.
Thelma Todd is my favorite.
Check it out and enjoy!