Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Rejection Book

Looks like that REJECTION BOOK is coming out soon. THE REJECTION COLLECTION: CARTOONS YOU NEVER SAW, AND NEVER WILL SEE, IN THE NEW YORKER, put together by New Yorker cartoonist Matt Diffee, is just that: a collection of rejections. In this case, rejected New Yorker cartoons.

I received a mass e-mail 6 months ago, asking to participate in the project. Since I've been resolutely rejected by the New Yorker for 6 years, I thought I was a shoo in!

But no, I was rejected by THE REJECTION BOOK too!

And so I decided to laugh real funny, and do a wee jig, like Walter Huston in TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE. Gotta put this outta my mind, and move forward, which is hard to do these days what with Matt having a blog over at the Huffington Post.

Regardless ... onward and upward.

-- Mike Lynch, working class cartoonist

No comments: