Sunday, October 08, 2006

That DirectTV Star Trek VI Commercial


I just saw the commercial on TV during BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. Seeing it on TV, rather than a low res YouTube feed (see yesterday's entry), is revealing. The commercial was put together using exisiting footage from the 1991 movie, with a CGI of Shatner's (2006?) face plastered on his 1991 body. There are 2 short lines of dialogue from Nimoy & Koenig, but mostly it's "Kirk"addressing the camera, professing his pleasure in getting DirectTV installed on the Enterprise bridge.

Yeesh.

It's an odd little piece of schilling.

2 comments:

Mark Anderson said...

Hee-hee-hee... You gotta love Shatner.

There's been a good bit of this on Direct TV lately. They're doing a whole line of commercials in this vein.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I would like to comment on your blog, which I by the way find very interesting. Telecommunication services offered by Direct TV are of poor quality at the present time. In the beginning, everything was perfect and now it is a real rip off. On this great site www.pissedconsumer.com where I wanted to post my complaint I found out that I am not alone in this trouble.