Friday, November 10, 2006

Rejected by The New Yorker


(Above, one of my thousands of rejected New Yorker submissions. This was later published.)

Like Roy Delgado (see yesterday's post), I've submitting cartoons to the NYer mag for years. First by mail, and in the last 5 years, in person. Getting rejected in person is not for the weak! Mail is better! I try not to dwell on it. Besides, if they ever bought, it might mean one less Sam Gross or Gahan Wilson or Ziegler cartoon.

Matt Diffee celebrates rejection in his REJECTION COLLECTION book:

"I CONSIDER MYSELF a pretty lucky guy. I have a cartoon in the New Yorker almost every week. I couldn't be happier about that, except for the small nagging fact that I also have, every week, about nine cartoons that don't appear in the magazine. Every silver lining has a cloud. "

More here.

In addition to being rejected by the NYer mag, I was rejected by the REJECTION COLLECTION book. I wrote about that here.

No comments: