Saturday, February 07, 2009

My First Blog Entry: Meet a Cartoonist February 7, 2006

Below is my first blog post from three years ago; February 7, 2006.



This cartoon of mine appeared in Punch Magazine, before it folded. thought it was an appropriate thought to start this, my first blog entry.

I'm a full-time freelance cartoonist living in NYC. Mostly, I draw what are called single panel or gag cartoons for magazines. I've got a couple of cartoons to draw for Wall Street Journal. WSJ approved a couple of roughs and now I have to draw finishes. I don't like drawing finishes since they never look as good as the roughs. So, I was putting it off, reading blogs, and I read Jim Salicrup's blog. I like Jim and his blog was really interesting --even just the lists of stuff he bought at the comic store. And then I thought, what the heck, I'll defer drawing for even longer and start my own blog!

I better go draw now. After all, it's 3 weeks till rent's due! More cartoon talk another time ....

2 comments:

richardcthompson said...

Pleased to meet you again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

So, this is where it all began. Reading your blog is a great excuse for not working on my own stuff. Seriously, I'm glad you let me know about it. It's strangely addictive.