Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NYCC: Bus Critic

Here's a freehand true-life story from my NY Comicon sketchbook. (Which is why the panels are all wonky.)

The first thing I have to do, to get to the NY Comicon, is get a bus to take me from the New Hampshire mountains to the megalopolis that is Boston. Like Jean Shepherd's "Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss," most of the fun of getting somewhere is the journey.

Just 15 minutes into my 7 hour trip, I overheard this story, told by the bus driver, about a colleague. It reminded me that creative people are not the only ones who are criticized.


2 comments:

Chari =0) said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!! "Overheard in NY: Comic Style" - they'd love it on their site: http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

The Cartoonist said...

Oh, this is brilliant. And so typical.