Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Glad You're Feeling Better, Ger Apeldoorn!


Above: Ger looks tough.

Ger Apeldoorn is a modern day Renaissance man. You know his name if you love old comics or cartoon strips. He's written a lot about them on the Web and print. His knowledge if formidable and encyclopedic. I first met Ger in the 1990s. He works in TV comedy in the Netherlands.

Ger was diagnosed with a brain tumor. You may already know this if you read Ger's blog, The Fabuleous Fifties. The growth was recently removed and he is recovering. Just this week, the medical tests came back. Good news: the tumor was benign. He is expected to make a full recovery, with no relapse expected.

I am very relieved and glad to hear this and wish Ger and Nel and his two children all the best.

While "life ain't nohow permanent, " as Ger (and Walt Kelly) observe, I'm glad that my friend Ger is still here, with all of us, in this world.

Wishing you all the best, my friend!

1 comment:

Ger Apeldoorn said...

And now I have more reason than ever to visit you and see you again.

The picture was from the period that I thought I could get small acting roles by looking menacing. It worked... you can see me an undrtaker for three lines in the Hallmark movie Brush With Fate.

Soon will have to have other pictures taken. I had already lost twenty pounds for health reasons when the illness took off another 35.