Monday, May 17, 2010

Scam Email

There is a scam email going around. I just got it now.

The email states it's from cartoonist Roy Delgado. It's NOT. The email goes on to say he (Roy) was held up at gunpoint in London and needs money to get home -- BUT IT'S A SCAM. ROY IS FINE.

Here is the SCAM EMAIL:

To: Undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:19:34 +0100
Subject: HELP!!!
I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's because of the situation of things right now, I'm stuck in London United Kingdom right now, i came down here on vacation, i was robbed, worse of it was that bags, cash, cards and my cell phone were stolen off me at GUN POINT, so i only have access to my emails, it was such a crazy and brutal experience for me and i was hurt on my right hand, but i'm glad i still have my life. I need help flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive, i have been to the embassy and the Police here in London, but they're not helping issues at all, but the good thing is that i still have my passport but don't have enough money to sort the bills and get my flight ticket back home, please i need you to loan me some money, i promise to refund it as soon as I'm back home, you can get it to me through western union.

The above is a SCAM.

Roy's fine. He's at home. The email is a scam. His phone is ringing off the hook because all of his friends are calling to see what's going on. He got a computer virus, he suspects.

1 comment:

Eli Stein said...

Yes, I received this email also, and after my first twinge of curiosity, I recognized it for the scam that it was.
Good of you to publicize it, just in case . . .