Friday, June 19, 2015

Mike Lynch Cartoon in July 2015 FUNNY TIMES


Well, here you go: an eleven year old cartoon sees the light of day!

I created this cartoon in 2004 and sent it to all of the markets. It was mailed (in the US Mail, in an envelope) to FUNNY TIMES on November 6, 2006.

Now it's on page nine of the July 2015 issue.

Why so long?

Well, here is what I have been told in the past:

The description of the how-we-pick-cartoons process at FUNNY TIMES that I got is that they sort the cartoons that come in by theme, and when that theme is used, then the cartoon sees print. So, basically, this cartoon sat in a file drawer, along with others, waiting, waiting, waiting in some folder (marked "shopping for shoes" or "Statue of Liberty" or "buy American" or something; I'm guessing here) … until the editorial time was right.

I have to admit that I flipped past this cartoon when paging thru the issue. I had to go thru it a second time before I recognized my cartoon. I don't draw like that any more. And I have changed my signature to my first and last name, to make me more easily findable on the Web.

Glad to see it finally see the light of day.

1 comment:

DON CRESCI CARTOONS said...

Mike,I have waiting to get paid for I sent to WW 5 month ago. Did you get paid for the
the cartoon In 006? Don