Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Itzhak Perlman Tweets Mike Lynch Cello Cartoon


"My cello paid for a seat and my cello wants the veggie plate and another martini." 
Cartoon by Mike Lynch.


Last night, around dinner time, violin virtuoso Itzhak Perlman tweeted my cello cartoon to his 16,700 followers.

That was a surprise. And, overnight, it's since been retweeted 87 times.

Here's a better copy:



I don't know where Mr. Perlman came across it. It was the 323rd cartoon I ever drew as a professional. (I number my cartoons sequentially.) I originally sold the cartoon to BBC Music Magazine a long time ago, and then it was in Allegro, the magazine of Local 802, the Musicians' Union of Greater New York. I think it's also been sold somewhere else. Like anything that gets put out there, it either lies there or gets a life if its own. The "My cello paid for a seat and my cello wants the veggie plate and another martini" has an active life on the Internet.

No comments: