Friday, August 26, 2016

Washington, DC: Richard Thompson Memorial Service on Saturday, August, 27 2016



Washington, DC: There will be a memorial service for my friend and fellow cartoonist Richard Thompson on Saturday, August, 27 2016 beginning at 1pm at the National Press Club. The public is invited.

Richard died July 27th due to complications from Parkinson's Disease. He was 58 years old.

My condolences to his wife and children. His loss is a terrible one. He was one of the giants we walk in the shadows of, you know? He would poo-poo me on that line, but it's true. I cannot be there myself, but wish I could. 

Here's the info:


A service for Richard will be held at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, this Saturday, August 27th at 1pm. 
IT WILL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC from 1pm until 2:30 pm, after which there will be a private reception for friends and family. 
Again, the family asks that in lieu of flowers please consider making a donation to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research, either directly or through Team Cul De Sac (https://www.michaeljfox.org/get-involved/teamfox.php).

No comments: